Reef Raider Slot Review
Reef Raider is a 7×7 grid, 5+ cluster pays slot from Netent with a max payout of 8,500x bet. This 2021 release has no less than five exciting features: Anchor Drop, Random Wilds, Mystery Chest, Cannon Blast and free spins.
Welcome to a shallow rock pool, home to coral, gold coins and an amusing one-eyed and one-clawed (with a hook for the other claw) pirate crab. The slot has 4 medium win symbols: a red diamond, pentagonal pink gem, orange square gem, and a green triangular gem. Low win symbols include purple, blue, yellow and green seashells. It takes 5 identical symbols, horizontally or vertically adjacent, to form a winning cluster. If you haven’t noticed by now, the slot theme is intended to be light-hearted. After all, who wouldn’t find the way that the pirate crab belts out an ‘aaaarrrrgggghhhh’ hilarious?
The RTP of Reef Raider is 95.1%, with bets allowed in the range of 0.20 to 100. Netent is a big developer with a lot of slots to its credit. Why not try Gonzo’s Quest Megaways with a juicy 20,000x bet max payout? Alternatively, there’s also Vikings based on the hit television show.
Dive below the surface to discover several features and special symbols that will keep you coming back for more. Let’s begin with the wilds. That’s right! We used the plural form because there are two of them. First, the clam wild is added to the space created after a winning cluster of symbols have been removed from the playing area. This is followed by an avalanche. The second one is the wild coin, which can randomly appear on any spin.
Another special symbol is called a ‘multiplier.’ It can appear as 2x, 3x, 5x or 50x, multiplying the value of a cluster win that it’s adjacent to.
Within the Reef Raider main game, players have an opportunity to charge the Treasure Trail meter to trigger one of five possible bonuses:
- Anchor Drop (3 charged bars): 1-3 low win symbols are removed from the grid
- Random Wilds (6 charged bars): 4-8 wild coins are added to random positions on the grid
- Mystery Chest (9 charged bars): 2-16 mystery symbols reveal identical low or medium win symbols
- Cannon Blast: A random symbol and all low and medium win symbols in the same column and row are also removed
- Free spins are the result of charging the Treasure Trail with 15 or more bars. During free spins, 15 more charged bars add 1 free spin to the total, followed by an extra free spin on every 3 charged bars after that. Free spins are played with 5 mystery symbols, one in the centre and the other 4 horizontally/vertically adjacent to the centre.
Reef Raider Bitcoin slot is ready for play on an Android/iOS device or a desktop pc. Take the game with you when you’re on the move.
Reef Raider Slot info
Wild-Symbol: The slot has the clam wild, added to a random space created after winning cluster symbols are removed. The wild coin is the second one, randomly appearing during the main game and free spins.
Free spins: Charge the Treasure Trail meter by 15 or more bars to unlock 9 initial free spins. After that, it's possible to collect additional free spins on top. The mystery overlay feature is active in free spins. It adds 5 mystery symbols vertically or horizontally adjacent that intersect the centre of the grid.
Bonus games: None
Bonus rounds: The Treasure Trail Feature awards one of five possible bonus games- Anchor Drop, Random Wilds, Cannon Blast, free spins or Mystery Chest. Also, a special multiplier symbol can increase a cluster win that it's next to.
You're not familiar with terms above ? - check our online slots terms glossary